Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Looking forward

I've been tagged! My assignment is to share 6 weird things about myself. Then I have to tag 6 others, they have to do the same, and it goes from there.

1. I have an English degree and I'm not a good waitress. (even funnier, I went to college to get out of the food industry! Yeah, I'm laughing all the way to the loan repayment office.)

2. Little corn, like the kind you get in Chinese food, creeps me out. I don't think I'm scared of it, but there is something really strange about it, I mean where is the little cob? To this day I've never eaten one. Don't plan on it.

3. I met my current husband in a chicken coop that was refitted to be a band's rehearsal space. I was auditioning as the singer.

4. I have naturally curly hair. I think the devil sneaks in each night while I'm sleeping and tightens the springs.

5. My three children were born in three different states. I was aiming for all 50, but I got tired.

6. All the dirty jokes I ever learned worth telling, I learned from my mother. And I'm still telling them.

Now half of the reason this took me so long (I was tagged just ages ago) is that I really went surfing for other sites I like. Some of these gals just seem really personable and the blog feels like a friendly visit, others are just starting to blog and deserve some traffic, some make unusual stuff, all worth seeing. So in no particular order here they are.
http://goodgirlsstudio.blogspot.com/
http://www.curlymonkeyandco2.blogspot.com/
http://eyepopart.blogspot.com/
http://www.beingcrafty.net/
http://vinylmonster.blogspot.com/
http://knitsteel.blogspot.com/

Now if you're really looking to kill some time you can check out each of their sites, see their 6 weird things and who they tag until you get dizzy.

Okay, so I can't say how much I'm looking forward to not being overwhelmed. September is coming, it's just around the corner. They can't go and move it on me can they? Where would they hide it with their little jam hands that I couldn't find it? September is coming.

Would you believe the gallery owner was actually really nice and receptive to my comments and she's going to give me the means to get in touch with all the people that participated in the show, so this art group may really take off, we'll see. Deb Morbeto whipped up some invites to the information meeting we're having where I can lay out the whole idea to people and they can sign up if they're game. Deb used to be a graphic designer, she's got a great palette, stong composition and her paintings have this incredible texture to them. Check out her work here http://www.thedebweb.com/. I'm also going to put an ad in the paper, so we'll see how much of a turn out we get. I'll keep you posted. Also, the piece that got into the show, sold. Yeah me. Boo my modest pricing. Ah well, it all spends the same.

And in other, other news. My neighbors moved! It's so strange to have the big house empty. I hadn't realized how much I'd come to depend on the kids almost always having playmates at the ready. I guess you never realize what you've got until you don't. Hoping a new family moves in there with nice kids. We'll see. The good news is that the neighbors didn't move far so we can all visit each other often. It's funny to think how much they feel like family now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I was tagged a long time ago too, and now you've reminded me by tagging me again. Ok, I'll try to work on a creative response.

    So what are you doing with that english degree? My first degree was in anthropology.

    ReplyDelete